- The Fall of Kevin Smith part II
- Lazy storytelling in military war games
- Power Rangers gets its own movie
- Speculation about Planet of the Apes 3
- Shovel Knight review
- Fighting Fookin' Legends
- How EA made Dungeon Keeper a fiasco
- How long would Batman last in the real world?
- I'm sorry for coining the phrase Manic Pixie Dream Girl
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert cosplay Star Wars for charity
- Two reviews for The Purge: Anarchy
- Two actors who kept their characters alive. Shatner is hilarious
- Middle East Friendship Chart
We Want the Dunk: Discussing the Tales of Dunk and Egg
Ser Duncan the Tall gets his turn in the spotlight in an episode
nearly as big as the man himself! At long last, Sean and I turn our
attention to “The Hedge Knight,” “The Sworn Sword,” and “The Mystery
Knight,” the three (and counting) A Song of Ice and Fire prequel
novellas starring the inexperienced young hedge knight also known as
Dunk the Lunk and his precocious, princely squire Egg. Taken together,
these stories contain some of George R.R. Martin’s best writing — and
his most tonally varied, too. Sean and I go deep into the
secret-strewn stories of Dunk and Egg themselves, the politics of the
Blackfyre Rebellion and the aftermath that overshadows the stories’
events, the genre-pastiche elements of each story, the chemistry between
the characters, our favorite and least favorite installments of the
series, and what it takes to be “a true knight.” It makes for an episode
thick as a castle wall, and, we hope, entertaining as a Dornish puppet
show. See you at the lists!
Previous episodes here.
Podcast RSS feed here.
iTunes page here.
Sean’s blog here.
Stefan’s blog here.